- 1 big or 2 small fresh organic leeks
- 1 pound fresh organic potatoes or several small ones
- 1 1/2 pounds organic fresh tomatoes
- 1 large organic onion or 2 small onions
- 1 sm/medium organic celery knob (I have found that the smaller, fresher knobs are more delicately flavored) or 3 to 4 stalks organic celery
- 1 small parsley root (if unavailable, can substitute 3/4 of a bunch of sprigs of organic parsley)
- You can add small amounts of fresh pressed raw organic garlic to taste
- Note: Instead of (or in addition to) garlic you may add the contents of one (or more) of Cayenne Company’s Heart Food Caps capsules (each one contains 100,000 hu Cayenne fruit, Garlic, Hawthorn Berry, Onion and Ginger Root). This adds such a wonderful flavor that every time I drink the soup I’m thrilled that I tried it. Everyone at our house agrees that it was a terrific idea.
- Note #2: When adding the contents of the Heart Food Caps capsule mix it first with a small amount of distilled water and then add it to the soup.
Instructions: Don’t peel any of the vegetables as many of the minerals and nutrients are stored directly beneath the skin. Scrub vegetables carefully, cut into small pieces, place them into a stainless steel pot, add enough distilled water to cover the vegetables, cover, bring to a boil and quickly turn down heat and cook SLOWLY, covered, at low heat for 3 hours, then mash and eat.
Every week I make a double batch of soup in a 8 quart (or larger) pot and Dale (or Sandy) helps me grind it in our VitaMix (it takes several VitaMix cups to get it all ground and, after each cup is ground (we grind each cup for 90 seconds) we mix it all together in another stainless steel pot). After it’s thoroughly mixed I ladle it into quart mason jars, put the lids on, allow the jars to cool, and freeze six jars and put two jars in the refrigerator.
Everyone at our house eats a bowl of this soup or the green soup at least once a day.
Note from Another Hippocrates Soup Lover: “It’s hard for anyone to say why this soup holds such particular power. I have attempted to creatively alter the recipe and not received the same results. Is it the placebo effect? I’m not sure. But even Dr. Gerson remarked that this soup was very special and highly effective in his (cancer recovery) regimen even if he wasn’t absolutely sure of the dynamics.”