As I watched the new Dr. Oz TV program yesterday about the Swine Flu I decided I should tell people what I'm doing to prevent my family and myself from coming down with the Swine Flu.
The Top Seven Supplements for Resisting the Swine Flu
1. Solaray “Vitamin C with Bioflavonoids,” 500 mg C and 500 mg Bioflavonoids, two capsules in the morning and two in the evening.
2. Twinlab “Citrus Bioflavonoid Caps,” 1400 mg (in two capsules), two capsules in the morning and two in the evening.
Vitamin C and Bioflavonoids prevent scurvy (gum disease and tooth loss), protect the elasticity of the skin, and strengthen the immune system.
3. Allera Health Products “Immunextra” capsules, one in the morning and one in the evening. (This tiny capsule has helped me avoid taking antibiotics for bacterial infections, which I am prone to get, and has helped my daughter, Sandra, control a vicious viral infection she has had since childhood — constant, multiple canker sores in her mouth — that changed into Internal Shingles with swelling and pain in her breasts and throughout her body in 1997 when she had a hysterectomy.)
Immunextra fights viral and bacterial infections. It contains two of the most important natural compounds on earth, lignin and polysaccharides. Proligna®, the active ingredient in Immunextra™ should not be confused with pycnogenol, or any other pinecone extract that’s available. The scientific name for Proligna® is Polyphenylpropenoid-Polysaccharide Complex, or PPC. More than 30 peer-reviewed scientific studies have been published describing the properties of PPC. Immundxtra is the only product that contains Proligna®, which has been shown to scavenge free radicals and to act as a potent antioxidant (Satoh and Sakagami, 1996).
4. Natural Energetics “Flora-G Plus” capsules, one billion CFU L. sporogenes, two capsules in the morning, noon, and evening.
L. sporogenes is a probiotic, which supports the growth of friendly bacteria and helps maintain a healthy balance of microflora in the intestines. It is not destroyed by stomach acid and needs to be replenished daily. When you take Flora-G Plus there is no need to eat yogurt.
5. Natural Energetics “Candida-G” capsules, two capsules in the morning and two in the evening.
Candida-G repairs tissue damage at the cellular level, marks all bad bacteria and fungus — such as Candida — as bad guys to your immune system and your body immediately destroys them. Used topically there is no equal in clearing up skin fungus. You may open a capsule and mix it with luke warm water and use it as a douche to kill a vaginal yeast infection.
6. Serrapeptase, 5 mg tablets, two tablets in the morning, two at noon, and two in the evening. (These tiny tablets immediately stopped mucous from plaguing me. For the five years I’ve been taking them I have no mucous in the morning as I had since I was a child.)
Serrapeptase digests non-living tissue, blood clots, cysts, and arterial plaque, scar tissue, and inflammation in all forms. Serrapeptase is naturally processed commercially through fermentation and was discovered in the silkworm intestine.
7. Dick Quinn's African Birdseye and East Indian “Cayenne” capsules, "Power Caps,” (100,000 Heat Units of Cayenne) and/or “Power Plus” capsules, (130,000 Heat Units of Cayenne), one in the morning. [I’ve been taking one of Dick’s cayenne capsules every morning for ten years. My blood pressure had started to go up in 1999 (139/85), but within four months of beginning to take one cayenne capsule a day it was down to 123/70, and has stayed there (it’s 120/70 today, 9/16/09)].
I always take my cayenne capsule first thing in the morning, before I have eaten anything, I drink two cups of water first and another cup of water with the cayenne capsule, then I take three flax seed oil capsules and one Evening Primrose oil capsule, which prevents the burning sensation in my stomach from the Cayenne. Also, I wait about an hour after taking my Cayenne capsule and my oil capsules before I eat my breakfast. If I eat too soon the Cayenne stays in my stomach for two to three hours and I can feel the heat. If I wait an hour it is gone from my stomach and I feel no heat.
More about Flax seed oil capsules and Evening Primrose oil capsules tomorrow.
People often work themselves into holiday colds. - I suggest extra sleep and extra vitamin C and vitamin D.
Here's what others are talking about...
I am suffering thru my seasonal Thanksgiving cold. It seems like I get a nasty cold or pneumonia every year at this time. It sucks. But I reckon it could be worse. Colds can be such an irritating ailment. I have been coughing my head off. I coughed myself into a headache. But, tis the season… I ...
... temperatures, the body reacts differently and needs certain nutrient boosts in order to perform and stave off colds and flu. In particular, try to include foods that supply the following vitamins, at each meal: * Vitamin C: your immunity fights hard to protect your body when you exercise outside ...
... impact. You don’t necessarily have to take tablets, some of these are also available in the form of herbal teas. Avoid people who have a cold or are in close proximity to those who have colds. Although common colds are seasonal, with more occurring during winter, experiments so far have failed ...
Giving very high doses of vitamin D to school children is safe, and
some researchers believe that it may be necessary to bring their blood
levels of vitamin D up to the amount necessary for optimum bone growth
Vitamin D deficiency is common in children around the world.
A short-term study included 25 school children randomly assigned to
receive a placebo or 14,000 international units (IU) of vitamin D3 per
week for eight weeks. In an additional long-term study, 340 study
Bonnie and Dale